How to Adjust Facebook's Creepy New Privacy Settings
Let's cut to the chase. The new Facebook settings mentioned in today's Mashable article are a little creepy.
"For those not in the loop: Facebook is making sharing even easier by automatically sharing what you’re doing on Facebook-connected apps. Instead of having to “Like” something to share it, you’ll just need to click “Add to Timeline” on any website or app, and that app will have permission to share your activity with your Facebook friends." - Mashable.com
Yes. It's creepy. Here's how to fix it.
1) Open Your Privacy Settings.
2) Edit Apps & Websites for Access
3) Edit Settings
4) Edit the Invidual App Settings
We'll use Spotify as an example. You can do a number of things here.
- Remove the App entirely.
- Click "See Details" to view what access the app has and revoke certain access privliges.
- Change which people in your friends can see the app activity via "App activity privacy."